How we solved the investment advisory issue of Govt Bodies, investors & corporates.
Smartly is a Robo investment advisory platform that helps individual, corporate and investors to create multiple portfolios and get latest updates and advisory.
We had to develop a Robo advisory Investment platform.
- In this investment platform, Each user can set up more than one portfolio – perhaps one for a rainy day, another for the children and one more for retirement, each with a different risk level. So, managing different hierarchy and portfolio was a tough task for us.
- What proportion of your money goes into each ETF(Exchange-traded funds) also depends on your risk appetite and the portfolio is rebalanced every month based on market movements. Implementing this state-of-art algorithm took major time and is the core feature of Smartly.
- This platform offers some 20 Wall Street-listed ETFs from Vanguard, BlackRock and State Street, each chosen – by human beings – for its geographical exposure, asset class, track record, liquidity and low expense ratios to ensure diversification and low cost. For this reason, we had to make it super secure and also to provide a seamless UI/UX for better end-user engagement.
We developed the platform from scratch and in the first month of development tenure, we had an almost daily discussion with the Smartly team. We finalized the business model, features and functionalities of the web application.
We used the following technology stack:
- Java, Springboot, Hibernate
- Groovy, Grails
- Twitter Bootstrap, JQuery, AJAX
- RabbitMQ, Elastic search, Redis,
- AWS ECS
To keep this in mind we had built a simple, automated investing tool and it was launched in Singapore. Smartly had teamed up with a retail licensed fund management company, VCG Partners, which holds a capital markets services license from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
We did several 3rd party APIs integrations, created a blogging platform and made each transaction and user information secure by using multi-factor verification and SSL, we use 256-bit encryption to protect end-user data down to the server-level.
- Smartly has been successfully exited(Leveraged Buyout) by being acquired by VCG (Veena Capital Group), Vietnam’s fund management company.
- We have provided development and support to Smartly for 3 years, in which they managed a universe of 20+ ETFs comprises of government bonds, equities, commodities, corporate bonds, etc.
- Due to the seamless UI/UX and easy onboarding process, it had approx 30,000 monthly active users on this platform.
NexThoughts is a complete Software Solutions Company with a team of 55+ professionals having expertise in Software & Web Development, Testing and maintenance of high traffic web applications.